When we keep on doing the same stuff on a daily basis, it becomes a part of our routine, and routine tasks often turn boring. This is extremely bad for professionals, as it hinders creativity and soon without our notice, our work starts losing its sheen. This situation can be alarming for ‘Writers’, the thinking and creative lot.
Therefore, sometimes it’s better to push the Pause button in your hectic life and enjoy things you were missing out due to strict deadlines and important projects. This will benefit you in the following ways -
- Sense of Fulfillment - You have been procrastinating your hobbies, social life and other such enjoyments to pursue writing all this long; so stealing some time for things that you really love to do apart from scribbling will give you a sense of fulfillment
- Clarity on Your Objectives - It will help you reflect on your shortcomings or growth as a writer over the years, and help you rationally think if or not you are on the correct path
- New Inspiration - Doing something off the routine will provide you with unique inspiration for writing
- New Enthusiasm for Writing - Last but not the least, it will help you prioritize your work better and realize how much you love writing
We all have it in us to escape from mediocrity and keep on doing excellent work, all we need to ensure is that we don’t exhaust our energies too easily, and make good use of it to excel in our career.
Here are few tips that will keep you relaxed and better concentrate on your writing/work:
- Don’t Skip Meals – Like your car, your body need energy to function; so, never skip meals with an excuse that there is urgency of work. You can always take out 5-10 minutes no matter how busy you are!
- Relish Your Surroundings - Nature is the best medicine. Sometimes you can get solution to a problem that has been pestering you all day long while taking a stroll in your garden or just looking out of the window; while that may not happen while you are in front of your computer! Take out some time to soak in your surroundings; keep all electronic equipment at bay for at least an hour, you will not only feel relaxed but also be able to concentrate better on your work
Sometimes all you need to excel is Pause and reflect on what you have been doing lately!
Live and love,