Wednesday, 6 February 2013
Motivational gurus are prospering because we all seek motivation and a little push to achieve unbelievable heights. Inspiration is great form of motivation that encourages us to try something new that can in turn inspire others and satiate our creative instinct.
Writers often suffer from writer’s block, and seek inspiration in some form or another. Often we are stuck at finding a suitable title for our post, or are uncertain on what line to start our essay with.
If you are suffering from writer’s block, it’s time to chill, grab your IPod, and listen to your favorite song/songs! Yes, you heard it right, trust me, it will work!
Take a line from a song that you love or connect with. Now forget the song, and turn that line into the title or inspiration for your post.
Writing is not as difficult as it may look! Give it a try at least.
Live and love,
Writing and Blogging is a great trend, which is fast picking up in people irrespective of their age, gender, or location. These days I see a lot more people coming out of their cocoon and giving the world a glimpse of their thoughts.
Netizens are sharing info about their personal experiences, food recipes, books they like to read, places they visited or want to visit, movies they loved or hated, and everything that is happening around them, which is pretty cool to read. It helps me understand people better and get a tab on what’s going on in my surroundings. However, this is not the reason why I am highly appreciative of this trend.
I admire writing and blogging as it allows people to share something they are really good at, all for free! That’s my idea of sharing knowledge and happiness with others, and paying back to the society we live in. I am sure that you must be excellent in your own area, and can contribute in a bigger and better way to the society by penning your thoughts and sharing your work tricks that always click with your boss.
I admire and encourage people to write, but not rap their keyboards as if they had participated in some NaNoWriMo. If you are planning to give your writing ambitions an air, following tips will surely do you some good, have a look:
10 Things To Keep In Mind Before You Start Writing:
1. Do Your Homework - Never publish anything and everything that comes to your mind, plan on what you need to write, and ask yourself, “whether it is worth writing”.
2. Cut The Crap – It’s easy to stray from the topic and deviate while you start writing. So, stay focused and to-the-point.
3. Keep The Interest of Your Audience In Mind – Sharing your thoughts on FB is different from writing a full-fledged informative article. Understand what your audience expects out of you, and cater to their needs.
4. Decide on the Tone - Decide the feel and tone of your write-up based on the reactions you want to generate; Generic, Informative, Persuasive or Negative.
5. Decide on The Length – This one is tricky. Some readers won’t like reading long posts while some will find them highly researched and thoughtful. So, follow the middle-path and keep your post around 350-400 words.
6. Check Punctuation and Grammar – This is what separates a mediocre piece of writing from the one that is appreciated by people.
7. Pay Heed to Formatting and Indentation – Your readers can forgive you for this if you are giving quality information, but it hampers readability. So, it’s always better stick to correct format and indentation to ensure better readability.
8. Proofread once, and forget about the Article for a Day or Two – After you finish writing, proofread it once, but DO NO PUBLISH. Right now, you won’t be able to find mistakes as the article is still fresh in your mind, you will jump through the errors, so give that article a break.
9. Go Through the Article Afresh – Go through that article with a fresh pair of eyes, I am sure you will end up doing some editing now.
10. Hit Spell Check Before You Publish – Once you have proofread your article for the second time, just hit the spell check to ensure it’s free from spelling mistakes, and your article is ready to be published.
Hope these tips will help you in creating a perfect write-up. Please share your views and suggestions on these tips, and other things you feel should be taken care of while writing. Your feedback is always welcome.
Live and love,